Monday, June 11, 2007

Miss Piggy

April wrote:
Here's a "finger puppet" for your blog that my mom (Wendy) made for BananaMuffin - it's from the handout I picked up at Atlantic Fabrics in Woodlawn with suggestions for finger puppets for the IWK - my mom used a heavy leftover yarn that increased the scale by quite a bit, and she glued on the bangs and facial features (which are made of felt). It was just a prototype, but had such unusual proportions and colours that I thought I'd send it along. It's no Japanese kimono finger puppet, but it's a finger puppet all the same.

Also, when BananaMufin was 3 months old she had a hearing test at the IWK. She received a finger puppet there that came home and lived on the knob of our kitchen window opener-handle. When she was about a year, she developed a fascination with shoes, and decided to call the finger puppet "Shoe". During the course of my pregnancy with Spunky, she would get finger puppets when we visited the IWK for appointments - the second finger puppet was tiny and pink and she named it "Sasha". Sasha and Shoe became best buddies. The next finger puppet she decided to also call "Shoe", so he became "Shoe Two." The last finger puppet she ALSO decided to call Shoe, but he had wild, red hair that reminded me of dreadlocks, so I called him "RastaShoe" - to this day, she still calls him "RastaShoe". So, we've got Sasha, Shoe, Shoe Two and RastaShoe. Sasha and Shoe got married, and I think Shoe Two and RastaShoe are probably Shoe's brothers. They're a happy family, but bear very little resemblance.
Linda's note: That smart little BananaMuffin already understands that families are created by love and bonding experiences; colour and shape of each member are irrelevant! Thanks, April and Wendy.

No comments:

StatCounter


View My Stats