Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Flower lady

If you live in Nova Scotia, you're probably a bit sick of April showers (and they haven't been all "showers:" that was almost a hurricane). So, a couple of weeks early, here are May flowers. I cut a roughly round petal shape in felt, a contrasting circle for the centre, and hand-sewed the circle to the petal round. The eyes are hot glued, and the mouth, well, I have trouble cutting well-shaped felt mouths. I fiddled a bit, and got some shapes that were OK. I glued mouths on some and stitched others, then hot glued the whole flower assembly to the basic finger puppet form. I planned this puppet to use up some of the basic forms, already sewn, that Patti had sent me. Thanks again Patti! I'd love to see alternate designs for a flower puppet too, so readers, feel free to send them in. You can email me privately by linking to my profile.

No comments:

StatCounter


View My Stats