Friday, March 2, 2007

Viking felt finger puppet


Vikings are cool. Dig the uni-brow.


To make this Viking, I sewed two colours of felt together, then pressed the seam down and cut 2 of the basic shape with the seam in the centre. I cut the horns of contrasting felt and just laid them out with about 1/2 cm extending inside the puppet. You can pin it, but I find felt sticks together pretty well as it is being sewn. Though perhaps they would have turned out symmetrical had I bothered to pin... next time.


I sewed around the top curve and hot-glued the other features on. You can't see it in the photo but the stitching is beginning to come undone at the bottom. This was the prototype on which I learned the importance of back-tacking (aka back-stitching).

No comments:

StatCounter


View My Stats